Visit the Bookshop


Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Blessed EVERARD HANSE, Priest, 1581

A MARTYR'S LEGACIES

Biography

" BROTHER, I pray you be careful of my parents, see them instructed in the way of truth, so that you be careful for your own state also. Give thanks to God for all that He hath sent. Cast not yourself into danger wilfully, but pray God, when occasion is offered, to take it with patience. The comforts at the present time are unspeakable, the dignity too high for a sinner, but God is merciful. Bestow my things you find ungiven away on my poor kinsfolk. A pair of pantoffles I leave with M. N. for my mother. Twenty shillings I would have you bestow on them for me, if you can make so much conveniently ; some I have left with M. N. I owe ten shillings and two shillings. I pray you see it paid. M. N. will let you understand how and to whom. If you want money to discharge it, send to my friends, you know where and to whom. ' Summa Conciliorum (see last para for this link),' I pray you restore to M. B.: the other books, you know to whom. Have me commended to my friends. Let them think I will not forget them. The day and the hour of my birth is at hand, and my Master saith, 'Tolle crucem tuam et sequere Mei Vale in Domino."

" Well done, thou good and faithful servant, because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things. Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord."—MATT. XXV. 23.

No comments:

Popular Posts